Thursday, December 2, 2010

Parrilla

Parrilla= a restaurant that specializes in all kinds of grilled and BBQ meats. (Argentina is known for them...they´re strictly on every street corner. They´re bigger than Starbucks and Dunken Donuts combined! Fine, slight exaggeration but it´s big here).

In honor of the first night of Hanuka, Shoni, Lena, and I decided to make our way to El Galoupe (a kosher parrilla). As I walked in the restaurant I definitely didn´t get the ¨kosher¨ vibe...it was better! After the patient waiter spent 20 minutes (yes, we´re girls) helping us decide what to order, we decided to split a ½ parrilliado (a whole assortment of meat). I asked the waiter what the platter of meat included, and he said, ¨sweat bread (the pancreas), intestines, and stomach...¨ shut up! Well that pretty much concluded my decision of NOT ordering the the ½ parrilliado...you couldn´t pay me to eat it. So we decided to order steak, which is always a safe bet, and split some chorizo and lomo (not really sure what lomo is but it was good). Chorizo is a type of hot dog and sausage which is UN-freaking-REAL. I personally hate hot dogs so I just had a bite of it, but OMG even I found the satisfaction of it. Anyone who is a lover of Romanian hot dogs (and to be a true lover, one must get Romanian hot dogs shipped to your house...like true Israelies), then I suggest you book your next flight down to Argentina and taste a real hot dog. Sorry Chicago fans of Romanian dogs, there´s no comparison!

Dinner last night was amazing...and the small amount we payed for dinner made it that much better. The amount of food we ordered should have easily been a 200 $US meal, but here it was only 20$US each...insane! And the quality is waaaay better here!!

Daniel and Dad---Just saying, it´s your mistake you didn´t visit me here. You guys would LOVE it...and what I ate last night spits on our pre-passover steak fests...sorry, but it´s true. Daniel, I actually must admit, that our chimichurri sauce is WAY better than any chimichurri sauce I´ve had in Argentina...good work!!

Alright, El Glaoupe was a great way to celebrate the first night of Hanuka...HAPPY HANUKA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment